Dear SMCHS Parent/Guardian,
Thank for your interest in the St Michael CHS web page. By checking off the box on your son’s/daughter’s course outline, you will become more actively involved in the educational process that students experience at St Michael. The SMCHS web site was designed with both students and parents in mind and is a useful resource tool that will allow both groups to become more active in the learning process.
The Parent/Student Relationship
Once logged in, each parent will have a “My Family” link in their personal dashboard. The “My Family” link displays all children linked to a parent account, the classes and groups where each child is a member. This link also allows the parent to sign up for email notifications. The parent can view the calendars of each individual student, as well as the combined calendars of all their students at one time.
Parents will also have options that include;
· Create their own calendar with all information about students activities, assignments etc
· Synchronize calendar with Internet Explorer Outlook calendar
· Receive regular e-mail reminds of events, assignments, student activity
· Store files up to 15MB
· Message with student’s teachers
· Registering up to four students
· PC & Apple users
· On-line help centre
Signing up is easy.
Follow these steps to begin;
1) Go to www.smchs.ca
2) On the main web page click on Parent Registration tab located on left hand side of page.
3) Fill in appropriate Student ID numbers (first name – space – last name (important - all lower case))
4) Fill in personal information as required.
5) Upon receipt of approval e-mail, log in to web site using your username and password you created.
6) Scroll down – left hand side of page and see message Welcome (your name)
7) Begin enjoying the benefits of SMCHS Web Page
Please note that only classes that have included their student list as members of the
class web page will have regular e-mail updates sent to the parents.
Thank you for actively participating in your son’s or daughter’s education. If you have any questions regarding the SMCHS Website, please feel free to contact me.
Mr. F. Bortolussi