- In the spring of 2011, St. Mike's held a school-wide assembly, hosted by Ms. Brown and Mr. Finner, to announce the school's intention to organize another Relay for Life cancer fundraiser. As a way to inspire the students to participate in the fall, the following video was played to educate the student body about the Mustang tradition of completing charitable works:
- To better explain how a Relay for Life works, the students also viewed the following video from the Canadian Cancer Society:
- Our students also viewed Ms. Brown's very sobering slide show to better understand the seriousness of the problem:
- Additionally, our students also watched this Cancer Society message to explain why we fight:
- Took place on Friday, September 16: Starting at 7:00 PM and finishing at 7:00 AM the next morning.
- St. Michael's school track.
- Grade 8 to 12 students (according to the 2010-2011 school year)
- St. Mike's Alumni
- Current Grade 7 students (who will be Grade 8's in Septemeber of 2011) will be invited to attend for a few hours
- Teachers and Administrators
- Adult Volunteers
- One of the most important events in any "Relay for Life" is the chance to celebrate, through the Survivors' Lap, those who have beaten cancer. Thank you to all of our SURVIVORS who participated.
- Special thanks to Mrs. Camillone, a tireless worker and fantastic motivator.
Here is how it all turned out:
On Friday September 16, St. Michael Catholic High School hosted a Relay for Life event.
To read article and view photos, click here.
Here are a few more memories from this fantastic charitable event:
This slideshow contains Relay images contributed by Mr. Wong:
Thanks to everyone who participated or contributed. You answered the call.